Waiting for the Day
New CD By Judy Marti
Companion CD to A BANJO PICKIN’ GIRL – The Life and Music of Ola Belle Campbell Reed
Mike Seeger wrote this about A BANJO PICKIN’ GIRL – The Life and Music of Ola Belle Campbell Reed:
“Thanks for the Olabelle book, much appreciated… there’s much good
to read and learn there.”
Best regards, Mike
Price of Waiting for the Day:
$8 + tax (if living in PA =$.48) if ordered with the book
$10 + tax (if living in PA = $.60) +$2 S+H
Send a check or money order to: Broad Valley Orchard Publications (BVO Pub.)
1934 Wenksville Rd
Biglerville, PA 17307
Waiting for the Day is Judy’s latest CD, and it is the companion CD for her book A BANJO PICKIN’ GIRL – The Life and Music of Ola Belle
Waiting for the Day contains the following songs:
1. Cannonball Blues – traditional song from Ola Belle’s repertoire.
2. Chewing Gum – a banjo tune that Ola Belle liked to do for children.
3. Down in the
4. Ground Hog – traditional banjo tune.
5. Hills of
6. I Hate the Train That Carried My Girl From Town – one of my favorites from the tunes that Ola Belle taught me.
7. I’m Just Here To Get My Baby Out of Jail - great old story song.
8. Innisfree - The words were written by William
9. It Ain’t Going To Rain No More – another children’s song that Ola Belle liked to do in schools.
11. Single Girl – Judy did not learn this from Ola Belle, although she said she knew it.
12. Sowing on the Mountain – this was the first song that Ola Belle taught Judy, and it has a lot of room for harmonies.
13. Waiting for the Day – This was written by Judy after she tried to understand how it would feel to be away from home. To be changed by drastic and/or brutal actions and circumstances over a long period of time, so that if one was to return home, it would feel forever foreign. And that feeling of trust and comfort – like being in a protective womb – would be lost. This is dedicated to those displaced by war and by Katrina.
14. Wake Up Worried – Judy wrote this in early January 2007, when the world was experiencing many global climate changing effects. A friend called her and they were talking about the weather, and the friend (mother of 3 small children) said “I wake up worried.”