Just thought I’d check in, but I don’t have any new breakthroughs to report. As I have written in my farm journal, BVO is a a frozen standstill, and I guess my family history research is stalled, too.
Well, for now I can’t do much about it. I have even considered using DNA testing to see if that could link my ggg-gf Willaim Dunn, of Blair Co., Pa. to his War of 1812 veteran father William George Dunn, and to W.G.’s father, reputed to have served in the Revolution under Generals Wayne and Putnam. I’ll go up to the Pa. Archives to try their tomes one more time.
Unearthing my ggg-gf William Johnston Washington Co., Pa., has also hit a brickwall. So, I guess, it is time to put this search on ‘pause’, and await some new facts from sources yet unknown, and some new thoughtsfrom my winter-dimmed and exhausted mind, to click.
As for the genetic testing, I am putting that on hold, until I learn more about how good it actually is in genealogy. So for now, Adieu – I’ll be back after my farm and my brain thaw out!
- The Dunn Kids of 14th Street, Ambridge, Pa., Grow Up (February 23rd, 2015)
- The Dunns, Creeses, and Hinemans move to Florida (February 18th, 2015)
- The Baumans move from Leetsdale, Pa. to DeLand, Florida (February 8th, 2015)
- New Connections (January 23rd, 2015)
- Some Serious Study called for in Deland, Volusia County, Florida (January 12th, 2015)