Just thought I’d check in, but I don’t have any new breakthroughs to report. As I have written in my farm journal, BVO is a a frozen standstill, and I guess my family history research is stalled, too.
Well, for now I can’t do much about it. I have even considered using DNA testing to see if that could link my ggg-gf Willaim Dunn, of Blair Co., Pa. to his War of 1812 veteran father William George Dunn, and to W.G.’s father, reputed to have served in the Revolution under Generals Wayne and Putnam. I’ll go up to the Pa. Archives to try their tomes one more time.
Unearthing my ggg-gf William Johnston Washington Co., Pa., has also hit a brickwall. So, I guess, it is time to put this search on ‘pause’, and await some new facts from sources yet unknown, and some new thoughtsfrom my winter-dimmed and exhausted mind, to click.
As for the genetic testing, I am putting that on hold, until I learn more about how good it actually is in genealogy. So for now, Adieu – I’ll be back after my farm and my brain thaw out!
- Harmony Society Descendants’ Days (February 9th, 2016)
- Henry and Louisa Hoenig Gross’ Family in Wallrose, Economy, Pa. (January 17th, 2016)
- A Bit More about Wallrose, Economy Township, Beaver County, Pa. (January 8th, 2016)
- Well, Maybe this Project Needs a Super-Computer…. (December 28th, 2015)
- Trying out New Tools (December 23rd, 2015)