Just thought I’d check in, but I don’t have any new breakthroughs to report. As I have written in my farm journal, BVO is a a frozen standstill, and I guess my family history research is stalled, too.
Well, for now I can’t do much about it. I have even considered using DNA testing to see if that could link my ggg-gf Willaim Dunn, of Blair Co., Pa. to his War of 1812 veteran father William George Dunn, and to W.G.’s father, reputed to have served in the Revolution under Generals Wayne and Putnam. I’ll go up to the Pa. Archives to try their tomes one more time.
Unearthing my ggg-gf William Johnston Washington Co., Pa., has also hit a brickwall. So, I guess, it is time to put this search on ‘pause’, and await some new facts from sources yet unknown, and some new thoughtsfrom my winter-dimmed and exhausted mind, to click.
As for the genetic testing, I am putting that on hold, until I learn more about how good it actually is in genealogy. So for now, Adieu – I’ll be back after my farm and my brain thaw out!
- The Creese (aka Kriese) Family of Ohio Township, and Sewickley, Pa. (May 16th, 2015)
- The Privates (?) of Weather Detachment “YI” (May 7th, 2015)
- The Other Sergeants of Weather Detachment “YI” (May 3rd, 2015)
- The Officers and Non-coms of “YI” (May 1st, 2015)
- Introducing the Soldiers of Weather Detachment “YI”, ETO 1944 (April 28th, 2015)